Oostburg's Citizenship team believes all OHS graduates will be able to:
- Update Career Cruising “my activities and experiences” yearly.
- Identify emotions, both positive and negative, and identify strategies for managing them.
- Identify indications of stress, the situations which cause stress, and how to properly manage the stress.
- Communicate & collaborate respectfully with others, including those from a different culture, background, or viewpoint.
- Self-advocate by approaching a teacher and/or adult
- Self-advocate by initiating and completing the required job shadow in an area of interest.
- Be prepared for their post-secondary plan due to their course selections and will continue to enhance their learning by taking advantage of further learning opportunities Create both short and long term goals that meet the SMART goal criteria.
- Identify the problem, think of possible solutions & consequences of each, select best choice, & implement & reflect on process.
- Demonstrate time management, organization, and the ability to work through rigorous tasks.
- Name post-secondary pursuit and develop plan for success.
- Create & manage a personal budget, be financially responsible.
No person may be denied admission to any public school in the district or be denied participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be discriminated against in any curricular, co-curricular, student services, recreational or other program or activity because of the person’s sex, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, handicap or physical, mental, emotional or learning disability in the educational programs or activities operated by the School District of Oostburg.